Technical Documentation with Alterra
Why should I create my technical documentation in Alterra?
The integration of Alterra is recommended in all cases where companies have so far created documents applying the "Search - Adapt - Save" approach:
- Search for an existing document on the desired topic or a similar manual.
- Open this document.
- Adapt the document for the desired area of application.
- Save the document with a new file name.
Controll View during Data Administration
It is inevitable that this approach results in unstructured and – from a certain point on – to amounts of redundant data or content that are no longer manageable.
Rationalization of technical documentation through the use of “information modules”
Using Alterra comes along with a number of advantages over the conventional procedure often used for technical documentation as described above:
By splitting and re-using individual information modules data redundancies are reduced to a minimum.
Prevention of redundant data storage as a result of document designs that vary by employee.
- Significant reduction of translation costs.
- Improved work flow and higher efficiency without additional staff.
- Increased legal compliance of your documentation.
- Elimination of hidden costs.
Cost analyses in many companies have shown that the use of Alterra leads to more streamlined and safer processes – and hence to a significant reduction in the production costs of documents.
The creation of documentation with Alterra requires a very short learning phase.
Screenshot: Management of text blocks in Alterra
The user creates/selects centrally available text blocks and combines them to documents. A text block can be used in many different documents. The creation of the document is then performed at the push of a button.
Screenshot: Automatically Generated Document
Other areas of application
In addition to the use in the field of "Technical Documentation", Alterra is also suitable for further areas of application:
- Marketing: Product descriptions, advertising texts (see also PIM)
- Sales: Product descriptions, offers
- Design: Concept, project documentation
- Quality Management: Work, process, test instructions
- Support: Training manuals, service information
- Human Resources / Personnel: Job descriptions and advertisements
Sepia Central Sales
Phone: +49 (0)211 51 41 9 75